This morning it was such a joy to take my gorgeous Ostara community members through a 30 minute Mindful Morning Pilates session over on Facebook Live.
One thing I’ve been asking our members to do these past few months, is to make sure they are making time for themselves – even if that is just 5 minutes on the floor with a door shut somewhere in their house.
It’s been a tumultuous couple of months and I think we’re all really feeling the effects of living in a very different way.
So a virtual squeeze from me and an opportunity to help them top up their energy bank!
To set them up, these were the 5 tips I shared to help them get the most out of it:
- Write your To Do List the night before
- Turn off notifications / alerts on your phone and avoid emails until after pilates (or for as long as you can)
- Don’t rush – get up 30 minutes before you normally would, move around slowly to loosen up & have a hot water and lemon (or a coffee – we can’t not have our coffee!)
- Add a few drops of your favourite essential oil to your shower (this is a game changer!)
- Write down 2 things you’re grateful for from the week past and 1 thing you’re looking forward to this weekend
Pilates focused on relaxing and replenishing.
Simple and ready for the weekend.
Love Julie x
P.S. Am curious, what would you add to the list above?
P.P.S. Check out my blog post on breathing exercises to relax and calm the mind